Youth/Family Halaqahs – Fridays 8:30-9 PM: InshaAllah, starting on Friday, September 4th, Imam Talha will be conducting a general youth halaqah over Zoom, every Friday, geared towards teenagers 13 and above. InshaAllah, Imam Talha will discuss relatable and beneficial topics for the youth of our community.
- The first, second, and (if applicable) fifth, Friday will be a general Halaqah, where Imam Talha will cover different aspects of the religion that the youth can relate to.
- The third Friday of every month, the general youth Halaqah will be split into a girls-only session and a boys-only session for ages 13 and over. This will give the speakers and listeners a chance to engage in specific and gender-related discussions. The boy’s halaqah will be lead by Imam Talha, and the girl’s halaqah will be lead by Sister Sana Ahmed, Imam Talha’s wife. The youth of the community can also request a certain topic that wants to be addressed in these sessions by contacting Imam Talha at email@example.com, or Sister Sana at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Family Halaqahs – Fridays 8:30-9 PM: On the fourth Friday of every month, the general youth Halaqah will be replaced by a family Halaqah in which Imam Talha will be discussing family topics for all ages.
Tafsir Halaqahs – Tuesdays 8:30-9 PM: InshaAllah on Tuesdays, starting September 1st, Imam Talha will provide a basic tafseer (explanation) of the Qur’an. He will be starting from the last Surah of the Qur’an, Surah An-Naas, and will go in descending order from there covering approximately a Surah a week. Other aspects of Qur’an and tafseer will also be discussed.
Fiqh Halaqahs – Wednesdays 8:30-9 PM: InshaAllah, on Wednesdays, starting from September 9th, Imam Talha will cover the essentials of Fiqh, (Islamic Law). Topics will include:
- A brief history of Fiqh,
- The importance of Fiqh,
- A history of the 4 Madhahib, or schools of thought in Islamic Law,
- The importance of adhering to a madhab.
- Taharah (Purity)
- Salaah (Aspects of Prayer)
- Zakah (Obligatory Charity)
- Sawm (Fasting)
- Hajj (The Pilgrimage)
- And other topics